11/1/07

Scrub-A-Dub-Dub

One of our favorite family activities, is giving our little girl a bath. It doesn't take very long for Charis to smell like milk, throw-up, pee, poop and Dreft, all combined. If it were up to Stephen, we would be giving her baths after every meal (far too often for anyone who knows how often a two-month old eats). During bath time, we certainly run the risk of her exploding from either end, or both, but it is certainly worth it. The worst she has done so far, though, is fart.

Stephen keeps her tummy warm with his hands, and I do the scrubbing. Last time, Stephen decided to make up a song for us to sing. Apparently his songwriting abilities work best when NOT bathing a child. We resorted to singing worship songs together. After everything was cleaned up, the three of us went into the livingroom to worship while Daddy played his guitar. I do not know how long it will be until she can understand what we are singing about, but I want to make a habit of praising the Lord, with her in our presence. Good idea, Stephen!

You guessed it...right after we bathed her, she spit up:)

11 comments:

Stephen Altrogge said...

That's the cutest picture in world history...

Pray for Ian said...

Ok, we need to set some ground rules here.

A. You're not allowed to comment on how cute your own daughter is

B. Same as A

(love it. the blog:)

Laris

Anonymous said...

something about the seriousness of her face here looks like stephen's. she must have known where this photo was going.
sara

Jen said...

I must agree with you, Stephen. We done good:)

Jen said...

Laris,

There is only one ground rule. I make the ground rules.

Jen

Jen said...

Sara,

I can't complain if she looks like him!

Unknown said...

Hey Jen I <3 my new 2nd cousin.
Love NAte

Unknown said...

Hey Jen I <3 my new 2nd cousin.
Love NAte

Anonymous said...

I guess that if I don't get to see her awake when I'm with her, a picture will do, that and a story of all the cute things she's doing...for now at least :.)

~Auntie Nelle

Jen said...

Nate,

She <3's you too! She cannot wait to meet you. The three of us are really looking forward to seeing you guys!

Love you all,
Jen

Jen said...

Aunt Nelle,

If you could sleep all the time like her, you know you would!