11/5/07

Warm and Cozy

Confession: I may be more overprotective than I would like to admit.

Mom and I went to Monroeville for a girls’ shopping trip, and I bought Charis an adorable snow suit. I made sure to get a size that would fit her through the winter. The next day, Stephen, Charis and I went to the homecoming parade. It was a beautiful fall day. A little jacket would have probably sufficed, but I had to try out the new snow suit. Allow me to remind you that it was not snowing or even close to snowing. It was October.
I must not have learned my lesson. The next day, before we went to church, it was cool outside. I went through the same routine of suiting her up, making sure her arms and legs were in the proper holes and stuffing her into her car seat. When we passed the bank on the way home, the temperature read mid-sixties! At least this display of my stupidity will not have a negative affect on our daughter’s future…or will it?
I have to admit though, it was kind of worth it for the funny pictures. Notice her body hardly fills the torso of the suit, let alone the arms and legs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

soo cute

Anonymous said...

How funny is that?!!
You will have a life-time of great memories and if they are all like this one, you should write a book when she becomes a teen-ager.
Love you all and love this blog!
Madonna

Jen said...

Madonna,

We have already made so many good (some only good looking back:) memories. I'm so glad you came to read. Lots of love from the Young Altrogges!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!
So you started a blog! This is so fun. Thanks for sharing pictures!
Lots of love,
Carrie

Jen said...

Carrie!
So happy to hear from you. The more pictures your mom sees of Charis, the more she's gonna want a grandbaby:) See you at Thanksgiving!