10/30/07

Surprise!

The Altrogge family did not stay small in number for long. Less than two months after the wedding, I had big news to share with Stephen. I was expecting. The nine months of pregnancy built up the anticipation of our child's arrival, but nothing could prepare us for the deep love we would share for our daughter, Charis.

Born on September 4, 2007, she has brought us joy in ways we could not have imagined. Sure, there are times when I want to be selfish and she demands our care, but most things are just more fun when she is around. Lazy Saturday mornings, when we bring her into bed for us to "ooh" and "ahh" over, are much sweeter. Trips to Wal-Mart are somewhat enjoyable now. Exercising with Leslie Sansone goes by faster when I can watch her drift in and out of sleep in her swing. I love our little family.
Thanks Auntie Beth for taking pictures after her birth. They mean more to us than you'll ever know!

10 comments:

Mark Altrogge said...

What a great blog, Jen! I'm so glad you started this - thanks! Obviously, Charis is the cutest baby in the universe, bar none. I already got choked up reading the first 2 posts - are you doing this because you like to make me cry?

Mark

Bruin said...

Hello Jen,

She's an adorable baby.

You're fake uncle-in-law

Bo

Bruin said...

Jen,

I apologize for Bruin's typo.

The REAL fake uncle-in-law,

Bo

beth said...

hopefully i can email you some photos soon from yesterday
(and i'm with my dad, i'm glad you started this)

Pat McCombie said...

Jen--I am so excited that you started this blog! It's a blessing to the beginning of my day. I can't believe you and Stephen are getting ready to celebrate your 1st wedding anniversary. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! We are so thankful that God brought the two of you together, not to mention giving you the sweetest baby in the world! Love you--Mom

Jen said...

Grandpappy Mark (how does that one work:),

Glad to make you cry. I've made it my goal in life. I do promise though, there will be funny posts too! I must agree, she is the cutest baby in the universe! Pleased to see you're getting the hang of this blog-thing!

Jen

Jen said...

Beth,

I cannot wait to see them. You do such a good job! Hopefully you got at least one good one of us. We're not the most photogenic bunch.

Jen

Jen said...

Mother Dear,

It makes me happy to know it is a blessing to you. What makes me even happier is knowing that you are not afriad to comment on blogs anymore! Hip-hip-horray!

It is hard to believe how much has happened in just one year!

Jen

Jen said...

The REAL fake uncle-in-law,

I don't know about you Lotinsky's!

Hopefully you'll be able to keep up with our little peanut until you get to meet her!

Jen

Stephen Altrogge said...

I can't resist...I have the cutest baby in world history...