11/3/07

365 Days of Marriage







As I was browsing through old pictures this week, I began to wonder, how that junior higher with thick glasses, braces, bobbed hair that hit the top of her ears and no sense of style got to marry Stephen Altrogge.
Whenever we were engaged, I would have surely said I loved him. As the months have gone by, though, I have come to love him on a deeper level. Although I knew many reasons why I wanted to marry him, the Lord had much more in mind.
Marriage is a wonderful gift from the Lord. You see, as time passes, as Stephen and I walk through changes in life, become more sanctified and learn to understand each other, I see how the Lord fashioned him just for me. He is a godly leader, gracious and forgiving, lovingly patient, hilarious and a servant at home. His strengths excel, where I am weak. I have grown in my love for the Lord, through Stephen’s prayer, godly leadership and care for me.
I anticipate all the Lord will do in our marriage in the upcoming year. Today, my heart is lifted up in praise to the Him, and none other, for His kindness. It is all by His grace.
I love you, Stephen
Happy 1 Anniversary

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Too cute! Congratulations on #1; we wish you many more.

Love, Chris & Steph

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I'm so excited to read your blog.
Charis is absolutely adorable!!!
Happy Anniversary to you & Stephen.
Carol Jean

Anonymous said...

:)h

Anonymous said...

ha the 'h' is a typo

man i can't spell or even type a smiley face...

great.

Jen said...

C&S,

Thanks! You guys are nearing the end of two blissful years of marriage.

Jen

Jen said...

CJ,

I am glad you enjoy it. It is a pleasure to share her with the ones we love. I bet your little peanut is a growin girl, too.

Love you!

Jen said...

Beth,

You had me stumped. I thought, man, I'm outta the loop. What's the "h" for. Ha.

Anonymous said...

well you know... typing...
how important is it really?

the first photo is my favorite of the three, by the way...

Jen said...

Beth,
Not very...especially when you're a rising photographer.

Mark Altrogge said...

Hey Jen,

This isn't fair. I can't read your blog without starting to cry.

Love, Mark

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen and Stephen:

Sorry I am late in doing this, but happy 1st. I am so amazed that I can be a part of watching you two grow together and watching your daughter grow.

Raye