11/13/07

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."
Psalm 139:13-16

When I read this passage, it was as though the Lord gave me new eyes to see it as I never had. Here, I see the Lord knit Charis together, saw her frame while she was being made in secret, intricately wove her together and saw her unformed substance. Not only did He form her, but he has her entire life mapped out. Every minute of every day of her life, is written in His book. He knows each day, before one even existed. From unformed substance to eternity.

From unformed substance to eternity. Why is it easier to believe that is true for my daughter, than for myself? Sure, He knows her and has ordained each day that is behind and before her, but is that true for my life too? I must remind myself that the answer is, Yes. The One who made my innermost parts, is more than able to orchestrate my steps. All that I face in a given day, was decided before my birth, by my Father. Whatever my present trouble is, I can say with confidence, "He has written ____ in His book before I was formed." That specific work is wonderful.

I want to respond like David, "I praise you." God is all-wise and loving. I want to praise God for those things that seem to be out of His control, for they are surely not. Praise Him, because from unformed substance to eternity, He has ordered every step you take.

3 comments:

janelle said...

Wow...I just read this verse the other day! It's such a great reminder to know that God is in control of each and every minute of each and every day...something I need to tell myself everyday.


~Love the new picture of Charis!
See your getting creative even with that old camera of yours haha.

Anonymous said...

one of my favorite passages...
loveyouall

janelle said...

My bad...love the picture beth!