9/24/08

Student for a Day

Yesterday, I had the joy of going to school with Stephen. Kenneth Maresco taught on Biblical Fellowship, and wow was I grateful the wives were included. At many points during the day I was amazed that the Lord would allow me to sit under such rich teaching.

At lunch, Stephen and I had an hour and a half, you read that right, an hour and a half, to talk through various applications of what we were learning. Not only was I excited to have this much alone-time with him, but it was very beneficial for both of us. We were able to evaluate fellowship in our marriage, our friendships at home and our relationships here.

I must say, while I loved my time at the pastors' college with him and learned a lot, I know I couldn't attend day in and day out as he does, faithfully working and studying and listening. I've got notes comin' out the wazoo from just 5 hours of lecture! I cannot imagine multiplying that by the number of days he goes to school. On top of that, I recognize that the typical stuff they learn is much weightier than what I heard. I respect Stephen so very much.

Can I also mention that God has answered our prayers and provided a wonderful babysitter here? She watched Charis the whole day while we were away, and Charis didn't cry even once. Not only that, but K said that when she put our little girlie down for a nap, she was so excited (from being with the babysitter) that she hardly slept. How sweet. We are blessed.

0 comments: