9/30/08

Like a Grasshopper

Recently, Stephen encouraged me to read and to meditate on Isaiah 40. I so need to have a bigger view of God, and this passage has sure served me in that way.

"Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand and marked off the heavens with a span, enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance? Who has measured the Spirit of the Lord, or what man shows him his counsel? Whom did he consult, and who made him understand? Who taught him the path of justice, and taught him knowledge, and showed him the way of understanding?" (vv. 12-14)

Yet, this God who rules over all loves His children. Though I am "like a grasshopper" (v. 22) compared to His greatness, and He is the one who "brings princes down" (v. 23), the following is also true, "Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

He both rules and reigns over all, and cares for His children as a Father for His child. What a good God we serve!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 40 has been one of the most encouraging passages in Scripture to me. When I went through the end of a relationship in college, I wrote out the last 8 or 9 verses on a notecard and carried it in my pocket for about a month. At the beginning, I think I pulled it out about every five minutes.

I hope God uses it to encourage you as much as it has encouraged me!

Megan said...

Excellent my dear, thank you for sharing what God is teaching you.

Jen said...

Browneyedbasics,
That's a good one to carry around, no doubt about it! I think I need it every five minutes, too!

Megan,
Sure thing, dearie.

Anonymous said...

Ah, nice choice!!! That's my favorite passage of Scripture right now!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen. I need to hear this over n over. I am so glad to hear about all your adventures in the city. Take care. Sandy Kimmel

Jen said...

Love you, Sandy!