9/14/08

Cafe Divan

To celebrate Stephen's book and God's faithfulness in leading him, I planned a fun night out for the two of us. We took the metro to Georgetown, which is a chic, historic town that I highly recommend you visit if you're in the area. After much thought and research, I chose a Turkish restaurant, Cafe Divan, for us to try. We ate lamb for the first time, and though we enjoyed our meals, we didn't love the taste of lamb.

Transportation was another story. If you ever plan a trip that involves large distances of walking, first I recommend you not pack a heavy purse. You can really do without the pepper spray. Second I recommend you wear tennis shoes. No matter how fancy, shmancy the dress: tennis shoes! Finally, let me inform you that the trip to the Cafe is all up-hill. Hence the sweat on our foreheads. Be forewarned. I don't know how to avoid the last one.

All joking aside, Stephen and I had a wonderful time and felt blessed to have money to enjoy a night like this. Thank you, dear caregroups who lavishly blessed us.

4 comments:

beth said...

oh so nice - you got to go to georgetown...
the metro is fun, yeah?

hope to see you soon, love you

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad that you were able to go on a date! Chris isn't a huge fan of lamb either, but I love it- and it's a good thing because it is surely abundant here.

Miss you, and I promise I'll email you back someday.
xoxo Steph

Megan said...

Hey, I miss you! Besides driving by each other at church yesterday I haven't seen you in over a week!

once everyone is healthy let's get together

Jen said...

Beth,
Fun? Well fun for an evening out, but I cannot imagine the people who do it everyday. Yikes. Love you too.

Steph,
You're in a good place then!

Megan,
Still praying.