4/12/08

Zuma Season

Ah, time to take off those covers, get out the bubble helmets, and start up those 50 cc's. You know what I'm talking about...it's scooter season! As you well know, I restrained from riding the Yamaha Zuma, since I was pregnant last summer. I don't trust myself riding one of those things while I'm with child. But this summer is a different story. I took my shot at it, and between my high speed and agility, one could probably have mistaken me for a motorcycle junkie. Well maybe not. I did only hit 20 m.p.h. and didn't necessarily meet turns smoothly. It was fun, however. My first try will certainly not be my last!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice ... Can this be a caregroup activity??
Sara

Stephanie said...

I must say, you are one of the few people that can make a bubble helmet look cute. Charis probably can, too.

And, I second the caregroup scooter activity motion.
Steph :)

Jen said...

I'm all for it, ladies!

Scott B. said...

I live in Pasadena, TX and ride a bus to work (25 miles from home.) With the rising cost of gas, I was considering purchasing my first scooter to go to and from the park and ride lot.

I searched around and came across the Zuma. How do you like it? Easy to learn? I'm not a motor cycle rider. How fast can it go? Street legal?

Sorry, your the first person I came across to have one. I'd appreciate your input.

Scott