4/11/08

Our Adventure

There's no denying it. Just ask Stephen or anyone else who knows me well for that matter. I check weather. com at least once a day, ok probably more. Not only can I see that day's forecast, but also look up the highs, lows and precipitation chance for the next ten days, my area's live weather video clips, pollen levels, and pictures other weather enthusiasts have taken of their surroundings! Can you blame me?

All that to say, I still managed to get stuck in the rain with Charis. I was itching to get outside and use our stroller. I had walked to my mom's for lunch, knowing there was supposed to be "scattered showers." Once I arrived, I kept my eye on the sky, and whenever it started getting dark, we said our good-byes. My timing was...just that. Only I could manage to start the trek home precisely one minute before the floods came. There was no turning back. The trip to home is basically all uphill. At one point I started jogging, but then realized that we weren't moving any faster, possibly slower, though. As we neared our house, a kind lady pulled up to the curb and offered me her umbrella. I must have looked pretty pathetic. "Who would take a little baby out in the rain?" was probably what everyone else who passed, who probably also contemplated stopping to offer me shelter, thought. We made it home, Charis, perfectly dry and me, sopping wet.

Just in case you're wondering, tomarrow's forecast is high of 55, low of 37, with a 30% chance of p.m. showers.

0 comments: