11/13/08

New Love

Well, maybe describing slippers and a study bible as "new love" is a bit of an exaggeration, but what a treat to receive these two items in the mail this week!

1. Although the original brick from the mid-1700s that lines the halls of our home is breath-taking, it is cruel to cheap Old Navy slippers (see below). So my sweet husband suggested I invest in a pair of heavy duty ones from Lands End. I know, I know, they're not the most feminine looking things, but they're super warm and soft inside, and the soles are thick rubber. FYI, if you order from Lands End at the kiosk in Sears, you do not have to pay shipping.


2. For my birthday, Stephen surprised me with the new ESV study bible. We waited a while to receive it, for their was such a high demand for them (I believe over 140,000 were sold in the first four weeks). I'm especially looking forward to wearing in the pages, making it home like my other bible.

Isn't God kind to give such gifts to us?

3 comments:

Megan said...

Mmm, loving your gifts! God is so kind :-)
Thanks for sharing about how he is providing for you.

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I hope you enjoy your new slippers and your new ESV Bible!! Love ya:)


love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

My cheap Old Navy slippers are disintegrating in the same fashion! Shame! I did notice that Old Navy did the men the courtesy of tough rubber bottoms, but the womens' slippers still have that cheap felt bottom. (Always here, ready to fellowship with good shopping conversations... haha) :) Sara again