11/18/08

More of the Same

Recently I've been enjoying Jon Foreman's "Limbs and Branches" album. Track one is a favorite of mine:

I look out the window
The birds are composing
Not a note is out of tune
Or out of place
I look at the meadow
And stare at the flowers
Better dressed than any girl
On her wedding day

So why do I worry?
Why do I freak out?
God knows what I need
You know what I need

Your love is strong

In a message in the Ephesians series,Josh Harris explained (paraphrased in my dumbed-down way) that if we think we already fully grasp the love of God, then we know something Paul did not. And if we want to grow as Christians, we must see that God's love is greater than we thought. The way to "go to the next level" is more of the same. Where do we see God's love for us clearly? The cross.

3 comments:

beth said...

i love all those songs.

and i especially love that song.

a lot.

Melissa Goins said...

SO encouraging!! Thanks for sharing, Jen. :)

Aunt Sio said...

Hey my friend, My guys love John Foreman, that's a great song. I appreciate hearing what God is so lovingly showing you. thanks for sharing,Siobhan