6/1/08

Photo Shoot

This afternoon, one of the biggest servants in the universe came over to take pictures of our family. Janelle is always babysitting for us, and today she dropped what she was doing yet again. She would be the first to admit she isn't a photographer, but I explained I simply needed someone who was capable of using a digital camera (more simply put, not my mom:).

The pastors' college needs a picture of our family, and we didn't have a recent one of the three of us. We have lots of pictures of Charis, Stephen and Charis, and Charis and I, but are lacking ones of our whole family together.

At lunch, I dropped the bomb. "Stephen, do you mind if we wear coordinating outfits for the picture?" (I was trying to milk this opportunity for what it was worth. I love pictures and possibly take way too many).

"Define 'outfit," he said. Apparently, "outfit" wasn't a term thrown around during the bachelor days. I'm workin' on him.

I made some smart remark, and then explained, "I just want us to wear clothes that blend." He asked me what he should put on, and I told him it was ironed and laid out on the bed already. Given my love for photographs and my desire to have them years and years from now, this "photo shoot" blessed my socks off. Thanks, Janelle.

Speaking of the pastors' college, God has faithfully provided a home for us. We will be living with a pastor and his family. That's the extent of what I know!

7 comments:

Megan said...

oh, that's so cute!
We need to get ours done as well.
I posted a comment the other day on your earlier PC post but realized that because it was an older post you might not see it.
Our family will be at the PC this year as well.
I look forward to getting to know you while we are there.

megan roca

Anonymous said...

ohh these are cute!
i can't wait to be your family.
i love the one on the bottom with little charis clapping.
oh, and i wanted to tell you today in church how cute you looked---looks like someone went shopping while in erie?? :) yes, i just typed a smiley face. love you!
sarah k.
oh and i think it's hilarious about the matching outfits. i understand why stephen didn't understand the concept of "outfit". i understand too well.

Jen said...

Megan,
You're right...I completely missed your previous comment! I am so glad you stopped by to "introduce" yourself. I look forward to getting to know you as well. Can you believe how soon that will be? I read your most recent post, and had the same thoughts. It really is only a 2 months and 1/2 away.

Sarah,
Any fashion compliment from you is highly treasured. You may want to be my family, but I want your style. Haha. And as for the smiley face, what are you...a mom? Love you. So even though I act like as far as vacation is concerned, I want things to be fair, but you must know that I am truly saddened that you will not be there!

Anonymous said...

SOOOO adorable, these pictures! I love that you put up the random one of you guys wiping your faces. hee hee! Sweet, sweet memories - and I'm with ya -- waaaayyy too many pix.
Sara

Jen said...

Sara,
I always know I can whip out my camera when you're around, because if you haven't already, it is only a matter of minutes until your snappin the flash to! Haha.

Steeejei said...

I'm sorry, but I love the drool of your beautiful-young-one in that last photo! Fantastic photos :)

Jen said...

the shtes,

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad someone noticed the drool! Haha.