6/29/08

Family Jam-Session

Here's what a jam-session at the Altrogge home looks like. Stephen strummin' along on the guitar, and Charis tappin' the keys of her little fisher price piano (which she loves, mom), and then there's me, the un-musically-gifted mom/wife who looks on with a smile and takes all the pictures.

Recently, whenever we put on music, Charis bobs to the beat. Pretty cute. It's funny that from seeing her wacko dad dance to music, she's already making the connection! It's like her little mind registers, "Wait, there's my cue. The music is on and it's time to dance."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness---this is so cute!! The Altrogge music genes are coming out.
-Sarah K.

Stephanie said...

Jen,
You should definitely invest in a pair of bongos while at the PC. You'll come back and blow everyone away.

Jen said...

Sarah,
They sure are...my thoughts exactly.

Steph,
You crack me up. What do you know...maybe I already know how to play the bongos...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad there is FINALLY a keyboard player in the family!! (Of course I'm behind the scene plotting.) Charis will have to set those guitar players straight--now you know I love the guitar!! Pat

Megan said...

hehe... guitar vs. piano was Mark's announcements theme at the worship conference one year. Too funny.
I told Dan when I showed him this post, that I just love your kid's head. It's the cutest shape ever!!! And yes, I probably am as weird as I sound. I wont try to hide it :-)

Stephanie said...

I'm fairly certain you don't know how to play the bongos. And, at least I can make you smile and not cry.

Jen said...

Mom,
Yeah, we gotta even the playing field! Next we need another floutist!

Megan,
I did see the announcements. Funny! As for Charis' head, that's what you get with a c-section baby! That makes me laugh that you noticed it. Weird is good...sometimes. Haha.

Steph,
You've known me what...how many years. I have many hidden talents. Did I mention MANY. Yeah, I need all the laughs I can get.

Megan said...

Isabel was a c-section baby too. Maybe we will have to exchange stories sometime... I think that's what moms do anyway. :-)

Jen said...

Agreed! I am definitely a talker. That's an interesting fact to know about you.