6/16/08

The Lake

Our family had a wonderful time at the Lake. How blessed we are.

"You have multiplied, O Lord my God,
your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
yet they are more than can be told."
Psalm 40:5

I read this verse in my devotions while I was away and was keenly aware that God's wondrous deeds are too great in number for me to call to mind. Wow! How I am filled with faith knowing God will continue to provide all I need, specifically in this season of moving.

8 comments:

Megan said...

Aw, very sweet picture. I'm glad you guys had a nice trip. What an excellent reminder. It encourages me as well, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Jen! So good to see you had a wonderful vacation. I love reading about your family (and seeing adorable pictures of your sweet girl!).

Beth

Jen said...

Megan,
I'm sure you understand. Amidst all this pc stuff, it is so good to remember how faithful God has been to provide and guide for us this far.

Beth,
So glad you enjoy it! Missing you this summer.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful scripture, Jen... thanks for sharing it. What a great photo of Stephen and beautiful little Charis! I think his new beard makes him look a bit like David---weird, yes? Love you!

Sarah K. (Almost A.!)

DianaPaisley419 said...

welcome back!
hopefully i will get to see you before you leave. tho i actually believe the pastor's college is closer to where i live than indiana.
charis is so beautiful!

Jen said...

Sarah,
That verse was really encouraging to me. I'm sure you can relate.

And yes, I love Stephen's beard!

Diana,
It's good to be home! I guess we will be closer to you.

Vicki said...

Hey Jen...
So Tonya said to me... guess who is pregnant? I said, I don't know. She said, "Jen!" I said, "oh, no! They are never going to get to the PC!" Tonya said, "No, not that Jen...
Jen S. (Dave's Jen).
I said, Oh Yeah!

I am always thinking you are pregnant... :)

Jen said...

Vicki,
You crack me up. You're just waitin for it! Haha. At this point, we're going to the pc whether we have sextuplets or none. And no, I am not pregnant...yet:)