5/10/08

Come Weary Saints

It's finally here. The long awaited album from Sovereign Grace is out! Come Weary Saints is, "an invitation to redirect your focus to the God whose love has been forever demonstrated at the cross of Calvary."

I am not in a difficult trial in this season of my life, but as you well know, each day holds "light afflictions" that leave us with two choices. Grumble and complain. Or we can rejoice and trust God. This cd has helped me do the latter through it's edifying words and catchy beats.

As sickness has been making its rounds in our little family, my father-in-law's song, "Healing in Your Wings" is of particular encouragement. Even in sickness, God is good and loving and merciful in all his dealings. These songs help me to remember truth when I am tired and struggle to compose my own accurate thoughts about God's character.

You are always good and loving
Merciful in all your dealings
Shining like the sun
Rising up with healing in your wings

0 comments: