12/6/08

Tree Hunt

We may not have taken our traditional hay-ride up the rolling hills of PA to pick out the perfect Christmas tree, but in true suburbian style, we took the highway to the nearest Target, and picked out a beauty. I am a white-light type o' girl, and since our first stop was all out of 3 ft. white trees, we got back on the highway and drove to the next Target (Stephen is too good to me. He couldn't care less what color of lights are on our dinky, fake Christmas tree).

Bing Crosby, lattes, reminiscing. . . home is where my family is. What a fun-filled day.

Fulfilling his manly role of carrying in the tree.


Perspective. Ha.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

wow, props to Stephen! I think Keith might have just chopped a branch off a pine tree outside for me :o) Not really, but I don't think we would have driven to another Target. Looks adorable!

Mark Altrogge said...

Cute tree Jen! Hopefully next year you can have a real one. Who's the cute little elf? And I don't mean Stephen.

beth said...

aw so sweet...
you need a "C" stocking!

anddddddd you should see my tree...

Melissa Goins said...

Ah! Jen! It's adorable! I loved spending time with you today at the tea by the way. The Lord has given you such a sweet spirit and gift for caring for others. You are a joy to be around, my friend!!

PS - I'm with you on the white light thing. All the way!

Megan said...

been there!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your little tree! I put up two trees, both on the smaller side; one in my living room and one in my dining room.
When Joe and I were first married, we actually decorated a PLANT for a couple of years...HA! (It was a Norfolk Island Pine...about two feet tall.) I'm sure many young marrieds have similar stories of their Christmas trees!
Kudos to Stephen for his heroic carrying of the tree! But the "elf" picture steals the show!

Mary Ann K.