10/29/07

We Are Family

On November 4, 2006, the (young) Altrogge family began. After six months of dating and four months of engagement, the wait was over. I was finally able to marry the man whom I dearly loved. Stephen and I were one in the Lord’s eyes. I am reminded of the words from the song, ”How Deep the Father’s Love For Us” that was played during the prelude at our wedding:

"Why should I gain from his reward? I cannot give an answer. But this I know with all my heart. His wounds have paid my ransom.”

Because of the Father’s great love, the debt my sins owed, was paid. The Father loved me enough, to send Christ into the world, to be wounded for my sins in ways I cannot grasp. Christ was rewarded for His obedience to God, and I gain from that reward. All my sins are washed away. What amazes me is that God did not stop there. He saved me and has blessed me abundantly beyond that. In addition to salvation, He has given me the perfect husband and a healthy, adorable baby girl. I thank him for our family. Praise, glory and honor belong to Him.

It is not enough for me to keep this gift to myself. My heart is overflowing with thanks, and I cannot help but share pictures, funny stories, thoughts on motherhood and ways the Lord is working, with my family and friends. My hope is that you receive a little bit of joy from this peak into our lives.

0 comments: