2/6/08

No But's About It

If you're anyting like me, your can read the word and seek the Lord in prayer, without ever seeing fruit from it. Growth appears to be nonexistent. You are unaware of change in your life. Whenever I believe this, though, I am believing a lie.
"His delight is in the law of the Lord,and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither." Psalm 1:2-3
The Lord promises that those who consistently meditate on His word will bear fruit. No "but's" about it. When I prayerfully read Scripture and think on truth, God assures me that there will be fruit in my life. I can wait expectantly, knowing that God is trustworthy, as is His word.
Next time I am tempted to think I am not growing in finding my joy in the Lord or that one area I consistently sin against Stephen in, I can take heart knowing that ff I am spending time in His word, He will bring forth fruit in my life. For those who are saved, God is at work in us!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jen. This post has come to mind a few times this week and has been an encouragement to me.
~Sara