5/12/09

We're Alive

Since I haven't been blogging, I'll give you a little taste of what we've been up to. As you can guess, things have been pretty busy around here.

My sweet husband encouraged me to train for a 10K race with a friend (although I feel as though "train" is hardly the right word for a race that's 6 miles). I finished. Stephen and Charis were cheering me on at the finish line.





In the midst of Stephen's heavy, heavy work-load, he planned for us to take a 2-day trip to Williamsburg. There were a million other things he could be doing, but he chose to leave it all and get-a-way with me. What fun it was to steal away with my best friend and have 48 hours of uninterrupted alone-time. W&K, you're the best, by the way. Thanks for taking our girl.




Here's our we're-late-for-church-but-taking-a-pic-in-the-worst-possible-light Mother's Day picture.



Today Charis and I explored outside.



This girl really knows a plane when she hears one.





"Eww, yuck," she says about some dirts and rocks that she picked up with her fingers. Oh brother!




The predicament she got herself into is simple: the ball is in the grass, and that'd be fine if you didn't mind the grass underneath your feet.



She eventually warmed up to the idea.

5 comments:

janelle said...

ok, good. now I feel all caught up in the life of my long lost family! love the little hair-do Charis has going on. Man, I can't wait to see you guys again...

Mark Altrogge said...

Wow, what a great bunch of pictures! And the commentary is great too, Jen!

Anonymous said...

I think Charis has grown 3-4 inches since your last post!
Such a "big girl" now!
And what's wrong with "Eww, yuck" about dirt?!? No dirt for this girly-girl, right? (re: the pix with the beads, etc.)
:-)

Mary Ann K.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to be with you guys last week. She's just the sweetest little thing and oh boy can she talk! She reminds me of you Jen when you were little. So thankful you and Stephen got a nice little getaway weekend. Can't wait till you all are back--we already miss you. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

thank you for the pictures, jen! i loved every single one of them. i wondered why she kept heading for the street when i was outside with her. she doesn't like grass. get that little girl back here, and quick!

kristi